Often, with our busy lives, looking after family and friends; working or running a business and home, we forget that in order for us to be the best and give the best of ourselves, we need to remember to take care of ourselves too.
There are the physical ways we should be taking care of ourselves; such as:
- Getting enough sleep
- Eating Healthily
- Exercising regularly
- Drinking water
But as well as physically taking care of ourselves we need to also focus on our internal care:
- Take time to re-connect with yourself. Just to spend some time alone and recuperate from all your have to and should do’s.
- Learn to listen to your intuition more, trust yourself, and replace your fears with that trust.
- Be gentle and kinder to yourself. Learning to let go of the things you can’t control and embrace your imperfections.
- Educate yourself, discover your internal barriers and find the courage and ways to dissolve them.
- Be assertive, know when to say no. Simply stand up for yourself without aggression.
- Talk to someone if you are feeling low. Realise that asking for help is not a weakness.
Some simple ways to externally take care of yourself:
- Wear clothing that makes you feel good.
- Keep your body moisturised.
- Return Favours
- Find something you like to do in your spare time.
- Be kind to others
Everyday essentials to taking care of the future you:
- Start your day with a warm cup of water and lemon to hydrate and cleanse your body.
- When drinking water it should be either warm or at room temperature. This is so your body doesn’t waste energy warming it before it can be of benefit and hydrate you.
- Have a green juice or smoothie for breakfast
- Meditate for 2 to 20 minutes
- Relax, do nothing
- Skip the sugar
- Use daily or weekly affirmations
- Read what inspires you.
- Allow yourself to dream big.
- Have a vision board.
- Take a bath, spoil yourself with bubbles and candles
- Do some low key exercise, enough to make you feel good.
- If you haven’t already, laugh.
- Get some lavender in your life. The real stuff, not a cheap knock off
Our top tip for remembering to take care of yourself; schedule it in your diary or planner and make it non-negotiable.
Remember, in order to give the best of yourself you have to give to yourself.